We took advantage of today's wonderful weather that was so reminiscent of the weather 9 years ago to teach our daughters a little about our nation's history. We took them out to the field of flags in Sandy. They place a flag for each individual lost in the 9/11 attacks. They've since added a flag for veterans lost in the wars since that day. It was a truly humbling and sobering experience to walk among the thousands of flags and realize they each represented a person. It was difficult to explain to Olivia how our nation was attacked. I know she felt something while there. In fact, as we were walking among the flags, she turned to Brad and I and said, "I love feeling the Spirit here."
This flag has the names of each individual lost in the attacks on the dreadful day.
Brad explaining about the reason for the flags.
I truly love this photo.
I am grateful for the flag, for our country, and especially for the men and women who continue to fight for our many freedoms. I pray that our country will always remember the sacrifices made by so many. That we remember the way we all felt 9 years ago as we were glued to the TV sets and watched in horrible amazement. I pray that we will be united once again as we were in the days, weeks and months following 9/11.

3 scribbles...:
Love the reflection in the sunglasses!
Ditto.
I like the sunglass reflection.
I thought that'd be a place you guys would have hit/loved!
Beautiful thoughts. I too, think my favorite is the reflection in Brad's sunglasses!!
Post a Comment