We took Tagen to PCMC to get tubes put in her ears this morning. This poor little thing has had endless earaches for a year now. It's been so hard to watch her get sick time after time. When we opted for placing the tubes, we felt really good about it. We had to check in at 6:15 A.M. Her surgery was scheduled for 7:45 A.M. Dr. Steven Kelly from Mt. West ENT did her surgery. Everything went really good and we were surprised at how quickly the procedure was done. From the time they took her from our arms to go back to the O.R. to the time the doctor showed up in the waiting room was no more than 15 minutes. Tagen did remarkably well with the anesthesia and with the recovery. The doctor told us she had a lot of thick fluid behind the left eardrum that he had to suction out. That wasn't really a surprise to us since she's had fluid on that ear for over a year now. We hope this is the means to an end of ear infections and a chronically sick child. She's doing fantastic today since we've been home and we just hope it continues that way.
In the pre-op room getting her changed into the surgery gowns.
Brad said it best... "they are so cute in a sad kind of way."
Tagen keeping herself entertained...
Her last picture in pre-op.
Right after she woke up in recovery. She wanted OUT of that place.
Trying to keep her distracted with the T.V.
Finally! She can drink and eat again. Try explaining to a 19 month
old why they can't eat or drink before surgery.... Not fun.
She kept trying to lead Brad and I out of the room and out of the hospital.
She was truly DONE with that place. I love this little open gown shot.
PCMC truly is a remarkable place and I'm grateful to have them so close by,
however, I won't be hurt if we don't return there for a very long time.

17 scribbles...:
i HOPE IT'S a huge success.
Great shots, especially that last one.
She'll be a new child now! Very cute pictures!
She's so cute! I LOVE that picture with her open gown walking out of the hospital. Glad everything went smoothly!
Glad all went well and hopefully she will start to feel better.
Tagen will be so happy you did it... We did this with my youngest not to long ago, same Doc as well. It made such a huge difference, he is hardly ever sick. We all love not having to do antibiotics all the time!
We absolutely LOVE Dr. Kelly!!!! He did such a good job for Liah, and even though she's only been to him a couple of times, she calls him "her" doctor :) So so glad you have this behind you. Here's to a healthier Tagen :)
I hope its the last time you see them for a VERY long time as well too :)
She is sooooo cute!!!! I hope the tubes work well for her.
Hope they make a great difference.
Hope your adorable little one feels better now! We had Dr. Kelly do Eliza's tonsillectomy last month. Love that PCMC... they are the BEST! I too hope you never have to return!!! :0)
Poor thing! But I sure hope it helps with her being sick. Glad she did great and even more, glad she's back home where she's comfortable!
glad it went well, hope it is the cure for all ills from now on...
Congratulations on a successful tube day! You always capture the best moments!
btw---I LOVE your hands Brad! They are so comforting.
Love the last picture! I am glad she is doing well.
Whew, I am glad that it went well. I am never a fan of "putting out" a child. Hopefully this will help. I know that it has for my little nephew.
Interesting, Jill. I noticed Brad's hands, too, and felt some love there :-) As for Baby Tagen, she will improved so fast you will wonder why ya'll took so long to decide to go for the tubes. Only thing will be worrying about water in the ears (need plugs) and by all means, remember to have them removed. We forgot, so Mark didn't get his removed until he was about 7 yrs. It was no big deal, except by then they had to graft onto the eardrum, which diminished his hearing by a little bit, but not noticeably. :-0 Another surgery!
We love you tons!!! Big, big hugs!
Love Brad's comment about the gowns, pretty well says it all. Kayla had tubes put in twice but when they finally stayed they were the best thing ever. Hope she is recovering quickly!
Glad she is feeling and doing better.
Post a Comment