Monday, February 1, 2010

I Got It!!!

I can proudly and excitedly say that I now own "The Wednesday Witch!!" I took all your advice and found it on Ebay. I put a bid on this book, which was being sold with another book titled, "The Blue-Nosed Witch." I figured two is better than one, right? Well, I was the only bidder and I got it. They just arrived in the mail today. Both are in EXCELLENT condition. I'm so excited. As I cracked open the spine and started reading the first chapter, I couldn't believe all the flood of memories that came rushing back to me. Even down to the smell of my old school library. I had the same rush of giddy excitement I used to get when I would check this book out of the library. As I was reading, I remembered sitting on our old couch in the warmth of the sun coming in the big picture window washing down on my back. I felt like I was in grade school again!!! I can't wait to read the whole book again and then get to read it to Olivia. This is definitely one of my new prized books that I'm going to treasure.

7 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

Carrie that is the BEST news man.
I'm so happy for you.
I might borrow it one day and make a quick read of it.
I promise I won't sell it off on ebay ;)

Sarah said...

YEAH!!

Sara said...

YOu will have to let me know how the blue nosed witch it. Glad that you got a copy!

Laura said...

nice! Never heard of either of these books. Hope Olivia likes them as much as you do :)

Talbot Family said...

I have never read this book. Looks like I need to borrow it.

RaShawn said...

Good for you. I'm with Ashley I might have to borrow it.

Becky said...

How sweet. Brings back good memories of my old school library