When Tagen calls for Olivia, she starts grunting and saying "Ooohhh!" She will point
one little finger in whatever direction Olivia is and keep calling her until she sees her again.
She has such a sense of humor. I was getting after Olivia one day for disobeying. I was shaking my finger at her (I know... Mother of the year award is futile.) I looked down at her side and there was Tagen, grunting, pointing her finger at me and smiling. When she caught my eye, she winked at me and started laughing. It was so funny, I couldn't even be upset with Olivia any longer.
She has started panting like a dog when she's tired or when she's trying to be funny.
It sounds like she's trying to blow her nose and it's really funny.
She has a favorite pose. She gets up on her hands and feet in an A shape. Then she'll put her head on the ground and look around the room through her legs. It's pretty comical. You'd think she'd get a blood rush, but it doesn't seem to affect her.
I love how when she gets tired she will start rubbing her nose. When she was a baby she used to rub her nose on our shoulders while we were burping her. Now that she's figured out how to get her hands to her face, she can effectively rub her own nose. It's really cute.
She is such a musical baby. She can hear a rhythm in anything and will dance to it. Whether it's music, the water running, the mixing bowl, hairdryer, vacuum, or even the blinker in the car... if it has any sort of beat, Tagen will start rocking back and forth to it.
We' have had a problem for about 3 months getting Tagen to sleep through the night again. She had a cold in August and hasn't really slept through the night since. She is usually up until about midnight and it's been frustrating. After talking to her doctor, getting her a blessing, and uttering many prayers we've put her on Melatonin. It has worked to GET her to sleep, but she isn't STAYING asleep through the night. The pharmacist suggested Benadryl and Melatonin together. We'll see how it goes.
Our little Tagen is a tease and a true joy.

10 scribbles...:
That stinks that she's not sleeping through the night anymore. Your whole world changes when you finally get some sleep at night. I hope it gets better. What does the melatonin do for her?
Her A-frame is my favorite pose too!
She sounds like a cutie.
What does the medication do for her?
I hope she starts sleeping through the night, again, soon.
My two oldest didn't sleep through the night until they were 2. Since they are 2 years apart, that meant four years of sleep deprivation for me. Whew! That was a challenging time, but I miss those days.
Thank goodness for prayer and the answers and direction it provides us as parents...I think it's a little rude these kids not only don't come with instruction manuals, but they are each DIFFERENT!!! You are such a good mom, and here's to sleeping through the night :)
Hey, I was in the same boat as Trish, only my two are three years apart. That meant that I had finally gotten used to sleeping through the night when I got preggers with the 2nd one and then it was back up again because ya had to go pee at least three times during the night. Just so's ya know.....it doesn't change when you get older. If I didn't drink so much water, like they tell us too, then I wouldn't be peeing like a camel at night. :)
I hope she starts staying asleep for you soon. How can you get mad when she is sooooo cute! LOL
DUDE! hope used to do that a-pose thingy too! she would do it whenever we said "poobah!" (it's from spongebob.) we would shout "poobah!" and she would run off to the other side of the room, turn around, and bend over to look at us from between her legs. it was so much fun. you should come up with a word for it, it's so funny and cute!
I love your photos!! Hope you can get Tagen to a sound sleep schedule soon.
Isn't it funny how quickly in life their personalities start to show. I remember when Lily was about 5 or 6 months I could tell she was going to be a jokester too. It's hard to believe a small baby will try to make you laugh until you experience it.
Post a Comment