At our Achievement Days activity this past week, we talked about modesty. We taught the girls that they should be modest in their dress and in their behavior. Then we split them into groups and challenged them each to design modest articles of clothes out of newspaper. Here are their results. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did.
Avery Hansen with a dress and hat.
Olivia Campbell with skirt and fancy sleeves.
I loved this picture of Clara, so I had to share both...
Clara Campbell and skirt.
Shelby Moyes with a handbag and scarf.
Shayla LeMay with shoes. Very creative.
Maddie Jenkins with skirt and purse.
Rachel Hall with belt and hat.
Sadie Hansen with long v shaped skirt.
Amanda Whitehead with shirt turned cape.
Abbie Anderson with cape/shawl.
So... if you're ever in need of some new clothing and want it to be modest, contact any of the Achievement Day girls in our ward. They'll be more than happy to help you out.

7 scribbles...:
Carrie, What a great idea! Those were some great outfits!
SEE! You DO love your calling.
And, these picts make my "supervising" easy. Thanks!
I didn't know that you got put in to achievements days. Looks like you had fun!
What if you get bored (like in the ER for 4 hours) and have to take apart your clothes to read? How modest is it then?
LOL Tiffany's comment is funny.
Great post Carrie.
Love it.
I love this Carrie, I am glad to know these girls have so much style! And by the way, didn't know you have so many blogs, fun to see the day-by-day pictures, thanks for sharing!
Darling idea! Thanks for sharing our daughter's achievements!
Post a Comment