Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sugar Coma

We went camping last weekend for my family reunion. I didn't take many pictures because of all the dust in the air from passing 4 wheelers. BUT, I did capture the following few of my girls...
They look a little stoned, but it's really from a sugar overload...
Tagen didn't actually eat any sugar,
she was just TOTALLY chilling by the campfire...
Enjoying a little dessert before bed....
Feeling the effects of too much sugar.
(Olivia's face cracks me up and Tagen looks drunk.)
The Culprit: Smores.

(P.S. - In my humble opinion, there is only ONE right way to make a smore....
instead of the Hershey's bar, use a Reese's P.B. Cup instead! HEAVENLY!!!)

We had a good time enjoying the outdoors. I forget year to year how much work it is camping with two young kids. I honestly don't know how the Pioneer women did it daily while crossing the plains!

6 scribbles...:

Tiffany said...

It IS a chore to prep the family and then actually do the deed with these little ones.
I rarely had a camping trip as a child where I didn't throw up because of too much sugar. I don't understand why my parents kept feeding it to me.;)

Sarah said...

LOVE Tagen just chillin'. Looks like the girls loved it.

Yeah, camping is alot of work. I like it while relaxing there, and while looking at the pics after...but the prep lists and unpacking are not so great. I'm always amazed at the gear taking up SO MUCH car room.

If Matt weren't so anti- peanutbutter, we'd try the Reese's for sure. Another GREAT alternative was smooshed between an Oreo this past campout. Yep. YUMMY.

Hawks Family said...

I hear ya on the camping with kids thing - think we've done it twice and that's it - way too much work! But love the suggestion for using Reese's for smores - I'm addicted to peanut butter and can't wait to try it out - maybe before the next camping trip!

RaShawn said...

It is hard camping with kids, big or little. It does make great memories. :) Tagen does look drunk. LOL

Maricela said...

I like the picture of Tagen chugging her drink! Also, I am not a fan of smores, but they sound really good with reeses. We'll have to try those.

Talbot Family said...

Mmmmm, peanut butter cup S'mores! I love it. Looks like a great time.