Thursday, July 22, 2010

4th of July Memories...

I know I'm a couple weeks behind schedule here, but I wanted
to record what our little family did for the fourth of July.
On Sunday evening, we drove up to Brad's sister's house in Hyrum. We were able to do some fireworks in the backyard and sit around a fire roasting marshmallows and starbursts. The kids loved their own private firework show. Here are some pictures.
Olivia running around the fireworks. She did it once before with all her cousins,
and then decided she wanted to do it again, all by herself.
Running with the cousins.
Oohh... pretty.
more pretty....
Sparklers were after the fireworks.
Thankfully we got off without her burning her fingers this year.
She didn't even cry while holding them this year either!
I actually think she even liked the sparklers this year!


We had such a great time and we are so grateful to Jill and Terry for opening their house to us. We love spending time with family and especially when it's for such a special occasion like celebrating the birth of our grand nation. Our kids will always cherish these memories, and so will Brad and I.

6 scribbles...:

Sara said...

We didn't do sparklers this year. We didn't even leave the cabin for fireworks. We watched them from the patio. I think I may take sparklers up to the cabin for the 24th though! Let's see if I can find any.

Sarah said...

What a difference a year makes when facing sparklers! Our girls were much more willing to participate. Looks like Olivia (and you guys) had a great time!

Tiffany said...

Fireworks are so fun with kids. Glad you had a good time.

jenhatch said...

So fun!! And roasting starbursts?!? Never heard or tried that before - YUM!!!

RaShawn said...

I'm glad it was a good weekend for you!

Kat said...

Great photos Carrie!! Olivia's face says it all!! LOL!!