Thursday, June 24, 2010

Old.


I pulled out MORE THAN ten gray hairs this week alone!
(and there is still more to pull...)

What is happening to me!?

Is 33 the new 53?
I thought it was supposed to go the other way around....

Ugh!

(and let's not even mention the whisker I found on my jawline! Gross!)

12 scribbles...:

Shearmommie said...

oh sweetie I am 31 and dark brown is NOT my natural color now days:( GRAY IS!!!! And I have wiskers too:(

Tiffany said...

I don't have any grays--yet, but someone else at my house does. If I do find some however, I am just claiming they are blond.

Chelsey said...

I have a whisker on my jawline too..and my lip! I have Dave help me trim my "goatee" lol.

Laura said...

first of all... STOP pulling your gray hair out, every time you pull ONE out you get SEVEN more! SO STOP!!!

Second... You are not old.. SO STOP saying that!

:)

Julie said...

Carrie, it's your sis-in-laws' fault.....we are all jinxing you so we can all have an equal amount of gray hairs. See, you are so far behind that that's why you have found so many in one week! :)

Kristin said...

LOL. Welcome to the 'old folks' club. I'm the president.

Sara said...

That is what the hair color is for. People ask me what my natural color is and I honestly have no idea anymore!

Melissa said...

Next level of feeling old is moving into a student married ward and being the oldest in the WHOLE WARD and having all the girls look at you when it's your birthday and stop the 'cringe' face when you tell them how old you are.
That's when you know you're old.

RaShawn said...

You are not old, because if you are then I am really old. LOL

Jill said...

So sorry Carrie. I can feel your pain. It is not a matter of getting old, but becoming mature! Enjoy it, and DON'T PULL IT OUT!! Yes, more will grow in its place.

Carrie said...

You guys freaked me out about the "more growing in it's place" theory. I had never heard that before so I googled it... Guess what.... It's an old wives tale. Check out this link....

http://www.ehow.com/about_5615729_plucking-gray-hair-make-grow_.html

Trish and Greg said...

Carrie, it's hard to do, but I say "Embrace where you are now, and enjoy today." And that includes gray hairs, chin whiskers, and crow's feet (and no, I don't think you have crow's feet - but that will come too! :)) Thank goodness we age, else we'd never come to the end of our mortal journey - we'd be stuck here in our "school", unable to ever go home again. So, try to be grateful for every indication you're mortal and getting older! It's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.