I don't think I have any single friends that "don't get it," but I thought this was a great explanation of what mom's do all day long. Case in point... I just got home from running errands at 3 different stores. If I had done it sans kids, it would have taken 45 minutes TOPS. But, with kids in tow, it took me 2 hours. I'm glad someone out there understands.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 scribbles...:
so so so true :) Any errand I can run without kids is a good errand :)
Wonderfully stated!! Motherhood is a joy and totally exhausting! So glad the kids are getting older and can manage more on their own. Throw in a full time job now and I go to bed at night, grateful to feel the pillow under my head!
What a great way to explain; I've been stumped by this before when you think about that we all have the same kinds of things to do. Especially in recent years when I try to compare what I got done with one child with what I get done with four--which happens to be just a fraction. I wondered if I was getting lazy in my old age, but this helps me understand better where my time goes. On the plus side, my #1 child can help me sometimes now to have those child free errands. Yay for 10 year olds!
So true. Only thing left out is the person who works a job gets to go home after 8 hours. At that point a mom has 16 more hours of work and responsibility in her day. No time off just cause it's bedtime. Good article.
Loved it!
I really liked this too. Thanks for sharing Carrie.
Oh this was wonderful! Loved it! I think I am going to steal it and post it!
Post a Comment