Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why I'm tired...

Did you know that....
caring for someone with TWO herniated discs in a neck,
especially when it's someone you love dearly,
and the only form of slight relief comes from lots of drugs,
and potassium from bananas,
while still caring for two young children,
makes for a VERY. TIRED. MOM.

Brad woke up Saturday morning at 4 a.m. to Tagen crying. When he went to get out of bed, he found he couldn't move. He hurt so badly in his neck and back, he literally could not move. We thought his neck had gone out again, but when he started having numbness and tingling in his right arm, we knew something was really wrong. The chiropractor met us in his office on Sunday (thank goodness) and we've been doing therapies with him everyday since then. Our sister-in-law, Marianne, set him up with her physical therapist yesterday, but without xrays or an MRI she wasn't willing to do much. So, last night we went to the ER. They did xrays and an MRI and we have found out that Brad has two herniated discs in his neck. It's in the C5-C6-C7 area. We've been referred to a specialist that we have an appointment with next week. He's still numb and tingling in his right arm, and we're hoping there isn't permanent nerve damage. He hasn't been able to hold his daughters since Saturday. He's barely been able to walk, and today is the first day he's really been out of bed for any amount of time. We're grateful that the Percocet, muscle relaxers and steroids from the ER last night finally let Brad get some good sleep, (the first in 5 days.) All Prayers on his behalf and any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance from this tired mama.

15 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness Carrie.
I don't know what I'd do.
You poor poor things.
Man what a stress.
I really hope this can be resolved
I have zero advice.
Sorry man.

Sarah said...

ah...hang on 'til ten.
Good luck through the night.

Sarah said...

("ah" read in a "I feel so bad for you, wish that you didn't have that numb exhausted feeling" not "ah, come on girl, pull you self out of it") Sorry you're so tired!!

Tiana said...

Oh chica this sucks for you and your fam on all accounts. Sucks for Brad being in pain, sucks for you being so very tired and working so hard to take care of every one and every thing, sucks for the girlies to have no daddy and a tired mommy. Wish I was closer so I could come over and help.....I know give me your RS presidents name and I will get her to help you.

Jenn Douglas said...

I didn't know this was all going on. Hopefully, Brad will be on the mend and you will be able to get some rest. Let me know if we can do anything for ya'll. We will keep both of you in our prayers.

Chelsey said...

Oh man! I wish we lived closer and I'd help watch the girls... You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!

Ephra said...

Wow! I'm so sorry :( I just got back from the temple, wish I had known earlier I would have put your names in the temple...maybe I'll call them in tomorrow. Hope Brad finds relief soon. Luv ya.

RaShawn said...

I hope everyone in your house gets some sleep this weekend. Let me know if you want me to take the girls again.

Tiffany said...

I feel so bad you were going through all that on Saturday and you came to help ME?!? You flipper! I know how hard the whole "single mom" thing is, so I hope he heals quickly. I don't know much about herniated discs, but I know heat has always helped take the edge off of Bryan's pain. Again, I'm sorry about all of this...

Cherringtons said...

We hope he feels better soon. That makes it so hard on you when you have so much to take care of. Make sure you take care of yourself too. Good luck and he will be in our prayers.

Hawks Family said...

That totally stinks! Not that it's the same, but I'm just getting over a severe case of sciatica - or pinched nerves in my legs with this pregnancy, so I totally feel his pain (literally!). Tell him to take care and you both take it easy as much as possible. Our prayers are with you all.

Shabby Band Designs said...

I feel exhausted for you. Uggh! I hope that Brad is able to get the help he needs to fix the problem. In the meantime, before you kill Olivia Kate, send her to my house.

Laura said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That really REALLY sucks for all of you. I hope Brad can get better soon. How did this happen? What do you mean again?

Praying for you (for all of you)!

jenhatch said...

I'm SOOOO sorry... poor Brad and poor you! Ya'll will be in our prayers and keep up those drugs!

M&M Frost said...

Oh so sorry to hear about Brad! That is so not fun for you too! But I am so happy you found our blog, now we can be bloggin buddies! Hope you are doing better! Hang in there! BTW, you don't look tired at all! I've got bigger bags under my eyes, even when I'm not tired!!