This year for Christmas I had the idea to sew each of my daughters a blanket. I would say it was a bright idea.... but I'm not really a seamstress or domesticated enough to do it on my own. I took the girls to Sew and Save in Clearfield in the early summer and let them pick out what colors they wanted for their blankets. I was hoping if I did it early enough, they would forget about them by the time Christmas came around. Then I called my mom and begged her to teach me how to make them. My mom is an expert seamstress/quilter/quilt maker. She can make anything out of a bolt of material. She's amazing. So, she came down and helped me cut out the pieces and showed me how to sew them together. I got both tops done in a day and a half. Then I once again asked her for help. She tied them and bound them for me so I could give a finished product to Olivia and Tagen. Here they are....
Tagen's Blanket
Olivia's Blanket
Side by Side...
They are basically crib size... a little bit bigger actually. They are a great size for each girl to carry around and they cover them nicely. They are really warm and soft and fuzzy and nice to cuddle up with. I'm really grateful to my mom for her help and for her patience in teaching me how to sew them together. A sewer I am not, but I'm trying to convince myself to become one.
(When we found out we were having another girl, I stopped and bought more material to make a blanket in the same pattern for Gracie. I haven't started on that one yet, and it might be a while before I get to it, but it is in the works for all three girls to have matching blankets. But, I do think I'll have to call mom again and beg her to come help me cut out the pieces again.)

11 scribbles...:
Toooooooooooooootally adorable!
Carrie they are FANTASTIC.
Well done.
Where's the other one?
WOW! Those are AWESOME! WAY TO GOOOOOO!!!! I have made ONE queen size quilt and i will NEVER do it again. NICE WORK!!!!
They are soooo cute! Good job! Good luck on the next one.
Very cute. I have that same flower fabric, I love it. Good job!
Those turned out beautiful! Love how they look so warm, soft, and cozy. Also, congrats on your Anniversary - that's awesome!
They look great. I love the soft texture of the bumpy triangles. I was going to ask if #3 will now be made. Last paragraph answered that!
Meg had a nightgown out of patterned material on the front of the pink. Cute fabric.
A seamstress you are not?! Hah! Those look great. I love them. Good job. Don't you just love your mom for the patience and time she took to help you? :)
your blankets turned out amazing!!! when i found out i was having a girl my mom and i went crazy at Joann's! it is so fun to sew quilts...when you are finished its an amazing feeling to look at it and think "wow i did that" they will love them forever! cant wait to see Gracie's blanket!
I looked through all of your posts on my phone when you did your catching up, but realised that I never commented. Amazing. I am so amazed by what you can do. Fabulous.
It's fun, isn't it?! Like putting together a puzzle. You did a fabulous job! What color is baby's?
Post a Comment