Friday, January 7, 2011

Olivia-isms



Olivia: "Mom, I'm going to move to another house. I'm going to get in my car and drive next door. You can come visit me there."
Me: "Why are you moving, Olivia?"
Olivia: "Because you're being silly Mom and I don't like silly nilly."

"Mom, I decided we need to go bowling today. So, if you decide you want to, the bowling store is by the french fry playing store.... otay?"

Recently while playing "Duck, Duck, Goose" for FHE, Olivia was exasperated with only the four of us playing. She turned to Brad and I and said, "We need more duckers!"

Olivia told me there are different kinds of birds. I asked what kinds there were and she told me... "There are wire birds, tree birds, ground birds, flying birds and big birds." I guess it all depends on where they are when she sees them.

"Dad, I'm going to the Hundred Naked Wood to make new friends with Winnie the Pooh."

Brad: "Olivia, what do you think we should name this baby girl?"
Olivia: "I think we should name her Chloe.... or Taylor Swift."

Olivia told Brad a story one night, then asked him what he thought of it. "Great story," he told her. "Well, it was a boring one because I know you only like boring stories, Daddy." I guess Brad has hit the BORING old fuddy duddy stage already.

One morning, I let the girls sleep in until 9:30. When Olivia finally made her way upstairs, she was pretty upset with me. She said, "Mom! You let me sleep WAY TOO LONG! I got TOO MUCH SLEEP! Why didn't you come wake me up?" Somehow, I don't think she'll have this same reaction as a teenager......

We recently sold Brad's Jeep that he has owned for almost 12 years. It was Olivia's favorite thing to ride in. The day after he sold it, she asked where it was. He explained that someone else owns it now. She said, "Well, maybe we can go to their house and they will let us borrow it and then we can go for a drive in it again." I think they are both going to miss it equally.

One night while taking Olivia to the bathroom (at midnight) she was sitting on the toilet and asked me, "Mom, would it be crazy if someone fell asleep on the toilet?" I told her, "yes, it would be crazy." She smiled and said, "Ya, I thought so too." Then she finished her business and went back to bed. I'm not sure she was really awake during the whole process.

8 scribbles...:

Jill said...

Kids come up with the greatest sayings and I am so impressed that you write them down!! Love it!

Laura said...

that was such a fun read!!! My favorite is that you need more "duckers" LOL!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Elexia Belle said...

oh carrie i just love it when you post the cute things your kids say! she just cracks me up!!! you have inspired me.... i want to write down all the cute and funny things my kids say. :)

Talbot Family said...

I love that Olivia Kate has such a vivid imagination! Love that piggy. Brad sold his jeep?!?! Wow. I am amazed, nice persuasion skills girlfriend.

RaShawn said...

Cute post! You can tell her that Trevor did fall asleep on the toilet once when he was little. I do have the picture to prove it. :)

Tiffany said...

That is funny about the too much sleep. What did she think she was missing out on? Life in general, I guess.

Kay said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!!!!

Williams Tale Overture said...

Your kids are getting big and as cute as ever. You are getting close with that next baby. I have one coming in March. Its funny how close our kids are.