Friday, October 22, 2010

It's a............

Well, we had our ultrasound today. I thought that at 24 weeks, there would be NO question on what gender this baby would be. Guess I was wrong! The first shot we were able to see when we started the ultrasound was a bum shot. I thought "Great! Let's get this figured out!" Well, things weren't very clear... The ultrasound machine isn't that new and up-to-date, but I still thought we would be able to tell quickly. After lots of shaking and poking around, our little one started moving around more. The baby is healthy and everything looks wonderful. So, Dr. Fillerup went back again to see if we could determine if this is a He or a She. After lots of wondering, she said, "Well, I can give you a 70% positive answer.... This baby is a GIRL." I feel so bad for Olivia who was DETERMINED that her little brother was in my tummy. I also feel bad for Brad who is going to be completely and totally out numbered... still. But, I am really happy to have a healthy baby who is growing right on schedule. We are going to do another ultrasound in 4 weeks to see if she is any less shy and to determine if "she" really is a she or if she turns out to be a "He!" But, in the meantime.... at least I have lots of girl clothes already and I know that Brad and I make dang cute girls!!!!

12 scribbles...:

Hawks Family said...

Boy or girl, a healthy baby is the best. Congrats on a successful (somewhat) ultrasound - it's always good to know that everything looks good.

Sarah said...

Was thinking of your family today. I tried calling a bit ago, because I wasn't sure I'd get online tonight...no eager answer made me wonder if girl it was.

You guys DO make BEAUTIFUL girls, and it's a blessing either way! I hope that the next 4 week go by super quick and that the next ultrasound offers a clearer look/answer.

Laura said...

Ditto to the above.

Glad that baby is healthy and right on schedule :)

Your girls are indeed DANG CUTE!!!

I am looking forward to hear what the next appointment brings....

RaShawn said...

It's true you do make cute girls! Tell Brad I know how he feels being out numbered.

Melissa said...

Oh Carrie, sorry man.
I wish you could've gotten a 100% you know.
But I"m really glad she's healthy and let's hope they can give you a 100% in 4 weeks aye.
Nothing wrong with having another girl right?
Brad is obviously one good man to be sent all these girls to hold, cuddle and give self esteem to as well as you Carrie.
Your girls are lucky to have a mother like you, strong, fun, determined and a great example of faith and talents.

Sara said...

Congrats! Either way ...if it is a "She" or a "He" we will love "it" just the same!

Kristin said...

lol. I feel your pain. I really do. lol.

Chelsey said...

Your doctor's name is Dr. Fillerup? Is it just me or does that just sound wrong lol. Is it pronounced different than 'fill her up'? I hope so!

I'm excited for you guys! 3 girls is fun! If you're like my family, the next one could be a boy.

Tris said...

very well said, carrie. this was exactly my experience with my third. i really thought it was going to be a girl and when we found out it was another boy, i laughed right out loud! thank heavens for healthy babies, though. great perspective.

Talbot Family said...

I really am very excited for you, very. I would love another girl. I can't wait to hear what the weather report says four weeks from now :)

Natalie said...

Girls are the best. And I am sure you are experiencing the same thing I am with my two girls, and that is HOW DIFFERENT THEY ARE, this one will be a whole new experience! And you won't have to buy anything new now! Congrats!

Jenkins Family said...

You do for sure make cute girl! I still think it's a Boy like Olivia, I mean don't go out and buy blue but usually kids are right. Either way congrats, we are excited for your cute Family! Love ya!