Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fire Station Tour

Last week, Olivia's preschool class had the opportunity to visit the Fire Station. I think I've been looking forward to this more than she has. It was different being on the "other side" of the tour. I'm only used to giving the tour, not receiving it. Olivia was sure to make sure the firefighters knew her mom was also a firefighter. She had lots of "stories" she would share with the firefighters. Things like... "When we had a fire at one house, we had to put lots and lots of water on it." It was pretty funny to hear her tell the stories like she had actually been there.
The class watching the firefighters explain about the Fire Truck.
Little Miss Tagen along for the tour.
I love this picture.
The kids were watching to see how fast
a firefighter can get dressed in his turnout gear.
All the kids got to take a turn sitting in the Engineer's seat of the Truck.
Here's her preschool class. They are a bunch of cute kids!

8 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

So did you go to one where you knew some of the people?

Laura said...

what a great field trip!!!

Hawks Family said...

How fun, the fire station is the best!

Talbot Family said...

So cute! Adriel told me just how excited you were, I believe it! I bet it was fun and interesting to be on the other side of things :) Addie loved the picture of Olivia "driving the fire truck!!"

Jill said...

How fun is that? What a grand adventure for your little family!

Natalie said...

We just did the same thing... I LOVE PRE SCHOOL!

Sarah said...

I'm thinking you you on the parent end of that trip is going to be on the parent end of the up-coming Parent-Teacher conferences... Mixed emotions!

Cute Pictures. I bet Olivia was proud to go to s place she knows her momma had connections at.

Tiffany said...

You can tell Olivia is so proud of her momma. Fun that you(and Tagen) got to go.