I find it interesting to hear my words as a parent repeated in Olivia's play time. Sometimes it's embarrassing, enlightening and often funny. As she's playing with her dolls or toys I hear things such as... "Time to clean up, everyone clean up," or "You need to obey. Are you obeying? When we obey, Jesus is happy." Or, "Big girls go potty on toilet. Do you need to go potty?" Another favorite... "Come eat dinner! It's getting cold." There is often times I hear her discipline her toys by putting them in time out, or if they've REALLY misbehaved, they get a spank on the behind. I've heard Olivia kiss all her toys goodbye before she "leaves to go shopping. Be good! See you later!" And there is always the question, "How's work Dad?" She's quick to sooth a crying or fussing Tagen by repeating over and over, "I know Tagen. It's okay. I know. We're almost there." The same words I have muttered on a drive home when we're almost there and I have a hungry baby. She's also held many Family Home Evenings with her stuffed animals and dolls. It's fun to watch her tell stories from the scriptures. We had another experience recently at a niece's baptism. All the cousins were invited to the stage to sing, "I Am A Child Of God." Olivia, being the youngest followed her cousins up and stood right under the microphone. Honestly, I was a little nervous to see how she'd do. But, after having that song sung to her for 3 years at bed time and at restless moments, the words have sunk in and she sang along... right into the microphone for ALL the congregation to hear. It was really cute, and I was so happy to realize she knew ALL the words. But, the ultimate humbling experience is when I hear Olivia pray. It really makes you check yourself on your prayers when you hear your child repeat the prayers you say at night as your kneeling by their bedside. I'm glad she's learning and gaining a testimony... however small or big it is.
Overall, life has been pretty normal around here lately. Olivia is getting really really good at putting puzzles together. She did all these puzzles by herself today. I was surprised... especially when she did the puzzle of the United States all by herself. Nice work!
Notice her outfit? She got dressed all by
herself and was pretty pleased with her attire.
Olivia's proud moment. I was proud of her also!

Here is a new photo of Tagen. This baby LOVES to suck on cloth and also on her thumb... She's found a convenient way to do both. Nice, eh? She's getting big. She's sitting up almost on her own, eating and loving rice cereal, rolling over occasionally, and handing out smiles galore! She's a complete JOY to have in our home. The spirit she has brought with her is so sweet and content. It is a blessing to have her and Olivia in our family.

8 scribbles...:
I'm glad that life is good at your house. I love that last picture of Tagen. She's a genius!
what sweet post. I agree with you on the prayers. Kids hear us ALL the time. Olivia is suck a cute girl, she has great examples and I am sure she will be a great example to her siblings.
sorry... its me Laura up there :)
You get a bit dose of reality when you hear your children repeat things you say don't you? My favorite is when my kids are "disciplining" their toys and they ask "do you understand me?" That's one I'm not proud of and am working to correct - sounds like you're a lot better than me. Your kids are so cute and I love to see them in the pics you take - just darling!
Great post Carrie.
I think your for sure right.
I love those prayers and think it's so funny to hear your kids repeat what you say to their toys.
LOL
Love it.
Way to go with those puzzles!
Cute pict of Tagen.
man, your kids are sure cute! i loved hearing olivia sing and was impressed!
and tagen--there is something sweet and special about that little angel! her spirit seems like a very aged and wise one.
your family rocks!
Very cute pictures of the kids. I love it when the kids pull out the puzzles and work the afternoon away. Adelaide likes to make a puzzle store in her room where you can shop for already assembled puzzles.
Post a Comment