Brad's work summer party was this past Friday. They held it at Hogle Zoo. We had a great time, but I think Olivia had an even better time. She couldn't sit still. It was here and there, then over to another spot, then back again. They fed us dinner, let us stay after hours, had free rides and free face painting. Olivia LOVED every minute and cried when it was time to leave. As for Tagen... well, this being her first time to the zoo, I think she was sufficiently satisfied, if not just a smidgen overwhelmed.
Tagen's first train ride. She looks bored.
Olivia LOVES giraffes. She wanted one painted on her face.
Ask, and ye shall receive.
Tagen's general outlook throughout the evening. I don't think she got the memo that you are supposed to look excited while at the zoo.
She did however, get the memo you are supposed to be cute and she executed that perfectly.
Olivia went on the carousel twice. Both times she wanted to
ride the giraffe. I told you she loves giraffes.
Us trying to get a picture with Mr. Giraffe. I think the big guy was jealous
of Olivia's much cuter giraffe face so he turned his back to us.
"No Olivia, the lion will not eat your head if you get a drink... I PROMISE."
By the end of the night both my girls looked like this...
and in my book, that's a successful night at the zoo!
We really had a great time. Looks like it might be time to get a family season pass.

11 scribbles...:
That's so much fun. That is such a cute little giraffe you've got there! That's cool you got to stay after hours too.
What a good time! I really like the painting on Olivia's face and Tagen does a great job at looking cute - she is getting so big!
The zoo is the best. I love the face painting. I need to get out there for Macie.
Looks fun! I can't believe how fast your girls are growing up! Julie was bragging about holding Tagen the other day, I still haven't seen her in person...not fair! I remember being little and wondering if that lion was going to bite my head while I took a drink too lol.
How fun! We can't wait until we make it to the zoo this year - as soon as this darn rain stops! Looks like you guys had a blast!
Hey! You need to hook your email up to your profile, so I can email you back instead of hijacking your comments!
I am on facebook... have you tried searching for me via email? Use crazylandblog@gmail.com. I swear I'm there! I need to figure out the whole facebook badge thing... its supposed to link you to my page... ugh.
Got to love the price of that night! And any company party that includes free rides, favorite animal face paintings, and exhausted kids at the end of a night should definately be repeated!
Glad you guys had a great time.
I'm not sure I have ever seen a giraffe sleeping before. Too cute! I am glad Olivia had such a great time. It's a little more satisfying when you can tell that the entertainment is being appreciated. I am sure Tagen will get it right next summer.
How fun! I remember many trips to the zoo with my kids. I guess I need to take Amanda and Connor more often.
If I were a giraffe I wouldn't want to stick my head in a lion's mouth ether.
I love the face paint!! I want one for me when I go... and I am 28! :)
I think babies are so cute when they sleep. How tender!
Post a Comment