Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More Olivia-isms

I love this cutie pie!

Since we live in a condo, sometimes we're able to hear our neighbors through the adjoining wall.  One day they were being particularly LOUD.  Olivia looked at me and said, "Mama, that noise our neighbors?"  I told her yes.  She then said, "Wow.  They are loud.  They are FORTISSIMO!"  Thank you Little Einsteins for teaching Olivia what fortissimo means.

Olivia has recently learned her full name is Olivia Kate Morris.  Once she figured this out, she decided that my name is Mama Kate Morris, and Brad is Dada Kate Morris, and Tagen... of course, is Tagen Kate Morris.  Trying to convince her otherwise is going to take a while.

Olivia can 'fake sleep' better than any kid I know.  We were eating dinner one night and looked over at her in her high chair only to see that she was 'asleep.'  I found this hard to believe because she had just talked to me 30 seconds prior.  We talked and talked to her with no response.. not a flicker of the eyelid, no creeping smile, nothing.  Only upon Brad threatening to eat her apple did we get a smile out of her and a big "surprise!"  She's really that good...

Olivia is an expert "backseat driver."  She will be the first to tell me when the light is red or green, tell me what way to turn (even if it's the wrong way), and compliment me for driving good.  Seriously.  I can't wait until she's driving and I can return the favor... 
(OK, I really can wait... that'll come fast enough as it is.)

We've been teaching Olivia the importance of obeying lately.  I was told this morning after she asked me for a treat, 
"Mom, I asked for a treat, you need obey!"

Olivia recently asked me, "Mom, I get my haircut again, please?"  I told her we had to wait for it to get longer before we cut it again.  Twenty minutes later she returned to my side and said, "Mama, my hair longer now, we go get it cut now."  I couldn't argue with her logic.

As I'm typing this post up, I hear Olivia in her room saying, "I love Jesus. He's so special. He loves me. He's coming to visit me today. I've got to get ready."  Isn't that a great reminder for us all? We've got to get ready because we never know just when He will come to visit...

12 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

This is wonderful.
I'm so glad for blogging to write these things down.
20 years from now, how could we remember ALL of these things they used to say?

Carrie said...

That's exactly why I'm doing it Melissa. I won't remember this stuff next year, let alone when she's an adult...

Jill said...

She is such a sweetheart....melts ya with that smile!!

Sarah said...

ah cute Olivia KATE MORRIS!

Tiffany said...

Such pearls of wisdom and pieces of cutie pie.

RaShawn said...

I think my favorite is when she told you you had to obey. Hahaha

Linetta said...

Out of the mouths of babes...such wisdom and reminders...she's such a doll!

Hawks Family said...

Love it! So cute the things that kids come up with. Great that you're writing them all down and will have them long after you've forgotten all the cute little Olivia-isms.

Natalie said...

Oh my funny Olivia... I roll on the ground constantly over Macie's comments, they are at such a funny, funny age. She is a doll!

Becky said...

She sounds so much like Jackson- they must be the same age... so cute i wish I was as smart as you to write it all down.

Jennifer said...

How sweet is that?! Haha, I love your blog and reading about your families cute little antics!!

Oh, and check out my post later today... particularly the bottom :o)

Tris said...

carrie! i just love this post and the picture to match. what a treasure.