Friday, March 27, 2009

She's Growing!!!

Tagen is growing like a weed!   I can't believe how big she is already at 6 weeks.  Brad and I were talking the other day and trying to guess how much she weighed now.  We both put her around 10 lbs.  So, the next morning, I thought I'd find out for sure.  I got on the scale with her and saw a number that I haven't seen since being pregnant.  What?!  There's no way.  I got off the scale, got back on to double check it, and there was that number again!  So, I went and laid Tagen on the bed, and got back on the scale by myself.  There was definitely a better number displayed.  I couldn't believe it!  Tagen weighs 12.5 lbs at 6 weeks old.  That means she's gained a pound a week since her two week check up.  Guess there must be lots of cream in my milk. I'm not sure how long she is, but I know she's grown that way also.  She doesn't look like a newborn anymore.  In fact, I think she looks like a 3 or 4 month old baby.  She's going to be tall like her sister is.  Olivia has ALWAYS been off the charts for her height, and Tagen was at her two week checkup. Here's a few pictures I just downloaded from the camera.
This is Grandma Marilyn Morris with Tagen on 2/28/09.  It was their first meeting,
and it looks like love at first sight for both of them.
Tagen just 'chillaxing' in her swing.  Thank goodness she loves her swing. 
 It is an answer to prayers for this mom so I can get some things done while she's awake.
We caught the beginning of one of her adorable smiles with the camera. 
 I love when she flashes her smile for me, it makes all the sleepless nights, dirty diapers, spit up and long feedings completely worth it.  She has completely stolen my heart just as her older sister did.  She's a complete joy to have around.

11 scribbles...:

Richard and Marianne said...

Okay, these tagen photos are totally mini carrie! I love the one of her smiling. Carrie, I am so miserable. I can't even get up. I did see that you called. I will call you soon. I need to come over and download all the stuff I have. Maybe we can tweek some of the pixelated stuff on your mac. I will call you after I see the dr. on Tuesday. Being a gimp is the worst. I am totally useless! Mar

Anonymous said...

oh that smile just melted my heart! wow, absolutely precious. funny, i was just thinking i saw mostly brad in that second photo! it will be fun to watch her grow!

Melissa said...

Wow, that last pic. is priceless. I don't think either of my kids were smiling at 6 weeks. But then again maybe I just don't remember cause my life was a little hectic then. I'll have to look up their baby books.
She's starting to get her own look instead of new born look.

Tiana said...

She is a beauty

Hawks Family said...

So darling! She is so sweet and precious. It does look like she's growing up. How fun.

Laura said...

She is so cute, those cheeks are adorable. Nothing like a chunky little baby, I love it!

Michele said...

She looks great! We had a swing for Shelby too and loved it-it IS so hard to get things done. I keep thinking to myself, how do people have more kids!

jenhatch said...

WOW! That IS some good milk! ;) I agree on the swing (at TOTAL lifesaver) and smiles (makes it ALL worthwhile and then some! ;) Fun to see how things are going!

RaShawn said...

She is very cute! Glad to see you blogging again.

Julie said...

What darling pictures of Tagen!!! She has gotten so big and she is just so adorable. I just love the one of her little smile. I see a lot of you in her, posting those pictures of you certainly helped, and I see a bit of Brad too. She is definately her own little self though. What a chunk!

Joseph had a newborn look for about 2 weeks and then boom, and look, he hasn't stopped!! :) 6'3" and still going. His entire life he has been off the charts for height and weight. Your girls and other kids don't stand much of a chance with the Nelson/Morris bloodlines of height and then add the height of your brothers to that and.....yeah well. You are going to have tall kids. :)

Talbot Family said...

What a bootiful girl! I love that you were able to catch a smile! She must have had some gas. Nice!