Saturday, March 28, 2009

Getting Organized

So... While being a hermit in my house because of a newborn, I decided to do something really productive with my time.  Brad and I finally put together our long-ago-bought-shelves and organized all our food storage items on them.  Here's our end result.  What do you think?

It is so nice to have everything visible instead of in boxes or grocery sacks.  I now will have a good rotation of the food and I can see more readily what we're out of or getting low on so I can buy that stuff in my weekly grocery shopping trips.  It's a good thing we did this today, because as you might notice in the top picture, we're down to our last package of toilet paper! Ah, the blessings of being productive... Now I won't run out of that precious commodity.  It is such a good feeling to look at what I have in storage and know that if we really had to survive on what's here for a week, we easily could.  It might not be the kind of meals like we eat everyday, but we will survive and won't starve.  It feels great to follow a prophet's counsel, doesn't it?

10 scribbles...:

Sara said...

Carrie it looks awesome! The last time I saw this room you could barely walk in the room. You and Brad did an awesome job!

Laura said...

NICE! Funny I just did the same kind of post :) You seem to have way more room in your storage room than I do. It looks so good! Doesn't it feel great?!?!

Hawks Family said...

Looks fabulous! Getting organized is definitely a boost to your self esteem and allows you to see what you have and how much more you need. I always feel better once I have things organized.

Natalie said...

hooray for storage shelves!!! Just wait until you have grocery bags full of stuff... SITTING ON YOUR SHELVES:)
Good job.

RaShawn said...

It must be something in the air. Everyone is getting organized. It does feel great.

Jill said...

She is precious indeed!!

jenhatch said...

oooooh! That makes me so jealous that you have the space to have shelves set up just for food storage!! We're trying to get our supply up, but space is limiting that. Love the Kotex supply - that is something I FOR SURE wouldn't want to be without! ;) It looks great! And what a great feeling to have that done!

Tiffany said...

I thought the first picture was the extent of the storage and I was thinking "please, how long could that take to organize". But then I continued to scroll down and saw the second picture, so I can give you some props.

Talbot Family said...

Oh my stars! That is fantastic. I need you to come to my house and organize me. We will literally be living off of bottled peaches if any thing happens. Nice work.

Jenn Douglas said...

Way to organize your food, Carrie! It looks great.