Sunday, November 9, 2008

Olivia Funnies


I had to take Olivia to the doctor the other day. When Brad got home from work, he walked in the room and asked me, "So, what did the doctor say?"  Without skipping a beat, Olivia answered him by saying, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" It was so funny.



When Olivia watches "Enchanted" and the dragon falls off the building at the end of the show she always says, "Night dragon! See you tomorrow!"  (Sorry if that is a show spoiler for anyone.) I think it's adorable that she thinks the dragon is just going to sleep.  She will also sing along with Amy Adams during the songs.  If I start into one of the songs and leave the ending unsung, Olivia will finish it for me.  I also love that she will laugh when Prince Edward jumps off the bridge and trips up all the bicyclists.  She seriously gets the humor!





When we put Olivia to bed at night, we have a little ritual.  We will kneel at her bedside to say prayers.  We will sing a song or two and then she will hug and kiss me goodnight.  After she's done that, she will 'excuse' me from the room. Seriously.  She says, "mama, you go.  Dada read me a story."  Then Brad has to sit and read her a story or two, most often one of which will be "Olivia."  She's a creature of habit I guess. 

9 scribbles...:

Robyn said...

No more monkeys jumping on the bed still makes me laugh WAY hard! Love that kid.

Melissa said...

Now these really are Olivia funnies!!

Becky said...

So cute! I love it! That's awesome she laughs at those parts in Enchanted! How funny.

The Nelsons said...

She is such a cutie!! I am glad we got to see you for a bit on Halloween.

RaShawn said...

I love the things kids say.

Tiana said...

Little girls are so much fun...I am looking forward to when Sariah can start talking but I am loving her at this age so much I don't want her to grow any more...does that make sense?

Laura said...

Those are cute "funnies". Funny, the things kids pick up on.

jenhatch said...

That's totally cute!!! I just LOVE hearing what little kids say! It's the cutest stuff ever!

On the dragon going na-night note, when I play Super Mario with Ava (she loves to watch me play) I would say how Mario "dived" instead of dying.

Maricela said...

These are funny. The first one is my favorite, but I also like how you are "excused" at bedtime! :)