Friday, April 29, 2011

Tagen's First Haircut...

I love Tagen's naturally curly hair. I love that I can get it wet, run my fingers through it and it is curly and cute. Easy to do. Because of her curls, I can pull up the top bangs and it generally will look cute. Until recently that is. I decided her hair had just grown too long without ever being cut into a shape or style. Knowing that it needed a haircut, I decided on a whim to take her to the local salon and had them cut it.
This is her "before picture." She had fun playing with
the trial size stuff while we waited our turn.
Once we got her in the chair, she really didn't move much.
You can see how uneven the back of her hair is in this picture.
She hardly smiled through the haircut. No moving, no smiling.
In fact, she wouldn't even talk to me when I asked her questions. Very very stoic.
Checking in the mirror to make sure she liked what the stylist was doing.
I think she almost fell asleep. You know how relaxing it is to have someone play with your hair and run their fingers through it.
Especially after dinner and right before bed time.
The "after picture."
You can tell we took off about 2 inches in the back.
Throughout the rest we just trimmed up her natural layers.

I love the trim and it really did a lot to make her hair look healthier. I'm relieved her curls remained intact. (Olivia used to have darling ringlets in her hair, but after her first haircut, they were gone.) Tagen is already asking for another haircut so I guess she had a great time.

7 scribbles...:

Maricela said...

I noticed her hair today - it looks beautiful! I really like how it turned out and I love that serious face!

Jill said...

Look how beautiful it turned out! She is so precious!!!

Kat said...

Make sure you hide your scissors!! She was memorizing what the stylist was doing so she can do it herself when your not looking!! ha ha!
And yes I speak from experience!

RaShawn said...

Cute, cute hair cut!

Talbot Family said...

She looks like such a big girl. Love the groovy new do.

Melissa said...

Ok so it's been over a month and nothing.
I'm not sure if you're posting tons on fb but I don't fb and wanna know how things are going.
Soooooooooooo what's going on?

Kay said...

Don't you wish you could hear her thoughts as she watched the stylist cut her hair? What a serious looking little girl! Very cute!