Thursday, February 3, 2011

Introducing Gracie Pearl Morris

She's finally here! Gracie was born Wednesday morning at 8:01 A.M., weighed 7 lbs 2 oz, and was 20" long (same stats as Olivia). She is an absolute joy, and we can feel a strong sense from her that she is very happy and content to be here. She never cried, winced, or even made a peep when her sisters mugged her. She acted like she'd been waiting months for that moment, and was content as you can only imagine. She's a perfect baby with an easy going temperament and hardly makes a sound. She's a great sleeper and eater so far and we LOVE LOVE LOVE having her our family.
Me, Gracie and Olivia
Gracie yawning. I LOVE this face!
Tagen and Gracie.
Tagen LOVES her baby sister and can't get enough of her.

The Big Sisters relishing the moment

Me and Gracie. I can't get enough of her!

Slightly cross-eyed, but still cute!

In pictures, she looks so much like Olivia it's crazy. In person, she can look a lot like Tagen at times. Either way, she's beautiful and healthy, and that's all that matters. We both get to go home on Saturday.

The C-Section was okay. I have a history of my blood pressure dropping LOW while on the table and I warned my doctor about it before we started. The anesthesiologist earned his money during my surgery. My pressure did drop again and he had to use a lot of medications to keep me conscious, but he did a great job. I did have one grapefruit size circle on my stomach that never quite numbed up and unfortunately I felt a lot of the procedure, but... after lots of Morphine and Fentanyl, I just didn't care anymore. Recovery has been harder than my other two C-Sections, but I'm getting around a lot better now. I think it's been harder because I'm getting OLDER... (Shudder.)

Overall... Things are truly great. We are so blessed to have little Gracie in our lives and a part of our family. She has brought such a sweet spirit with her. I love just holding her, cuddling her and soaking up her sweetness. She's completely beautiful!

19 scribbles...:

Brad said...

You ARE getting older... :)

You did great Babe. She is absolutely beautiful, just like her Mama. I'm so glad to have her here, and I'm glad you're both healthy and happy.

I love you!

Talbot Family said...

I love her. Sending cyber squished. When I saw the pictures of the piggies I thought "aw, I want one" and then I read about the C-section and thought "nah, I'm good." Glad that despite the pain all went well. I hope that girls continue to adjust well.

Chelsey said...

So sweet! I love all the pictures you've taken. Can't wait to meet Gracie!

Sarah said...

Congrats again. So glad that she is here - sweet and calm! Such sweet moments caught with the camera (I love the one of Tagen holding her).
Good luck recovering and adjusting to being outnumbered. Let me know if you need any help...

Cherringtons said...

congrats, she is beautiful!!! Glad you are both doing good!

Melissa said...

Oh Carrie sorry it was a tough c-section. I'm glad the anesthesiologist was fantastic, what an important thing.
She's just perfect, I mean look at her!
You're awesome and beautiful.

Laura said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!!! I'm so happy for all of you :)

I love the sweet spirit babies bring with them. God is so good to us!!!

Best of luck with the recovery and give little Gracie a little kiss for me. I hope I can come see her soon!!!!

Hawks Family said...

What a beautiful child! Enjoy her littleness as much as possible, they all grow up so fast! Glad you are both happy and healthy! Love ya!

Jill said...

What do you mean hardly makes a sound?.....she is constantly squeaking, even in her sleep!! She is so precious. I could hold her all day long!!

Tiffany said...

Such sweet baby newness. Congrats. Adelaide was my content quiet one--and she still is. It is amazing how they come with their personalities intact.

VerĂ³nica Valbuena said...

Awwwwwwww!!!!! what a beautiful baby!!! =) love that cute 3 little girls =)

love u all!

Williams Tale Overture said...

I have been watching your blog for this post. Congrats she is beautiful just like the rest of the girls in your fam!!

Richard and Marianne said...

Sending out da luv to da morris sistas. They are a beautiful bunch. Do you think you could teach them to sing? A little trio. That would be so cute! olivia could be the lead singer! She is all charm and ready for her photo op. Tagen could do the doo ops and Gracie could sing the high parts! AND THEY COULD ALL ShAKe DER BOoDIeS!

Unknown said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations! Love, love, LOVE the photos!!! Your family is so precious! May she continue to be the calm and sweet little blessing to you all. Hugs to you and yours!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family. Big hugs to all of you! I look forward to meeting your little Gracie. She's gorgeous. Perfect.

RaShawn said...

She is beautiful! I love babies. (maybe that's why I kept having them) There is nothing like having a newborn in the house.

Annette said...

Oh! I want to hold her so badly, I may just have to drive up there and do it!! So cute!!

Becky said...

Oh what a cutie!! I am so happy for you but I feel for you about the c-section. That's probably part of the reason that your having a harder time- you'r tissue was traumatized without proper anesthesia (not that you're getting old) What beautiful girls. Congrats!!

Anderson Family said...

Great name. Congrats.